Amano Apprentice Learning Support provides apprentice learners with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities (LDDs) the opportunity to access a tailored support programme that will aid them to achieve in the learning outcomes of their apprenticeship programme.
Government Funded Support
What support do Amano offer?
Amano Support offer an end-to-end service, and following the apprentice’s initial assessment of learning needs at a registered centre*, we can progress quickly to get support in place.
Our support services include:
- Mentors (mental health and Asperger’s specialism)
- Study Skills tutors (learning difficulties)
- Specialist communication support workers
- BSL interpreters
- Assistive technology trainers
- Job preparation and coaching
- In the workplace awareness training for employees (e.g. mental health, autism, dyslexia)
* Assessment Centre info available from Amano
How is the support delivered?
We provide 1-2-1 support tailored to the needs of the apprentice.
Together, the apprentice and their learning support consultant develop an Individualised Learning Plan, aimed at helping the apprentice achieve in the learning outcomes of their programme.
Amano Support has a network of professional Support Consultants across the South West. All consultants are screened to ensure their suitability to work in learning support. Each is highly experienced, qualified and holds relevant insurances and DBS.
How is Apprentice Learning Support funded?
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provides funding for additional, excess and exceptional learning support to help apprentices with learning difficulties and disabilities including:
• Diagnosed disability or long term illness
• Mental health condition
• Specific learning difficulties
• Autistic spectrum conditions
A provider can claim learning support at a fixed monthly rate of £150 through the Individualised Learned Record (ILR). If the cost of providing support to an apprentice exceeds this, then the excess can be claimed through the Earnings Adjustment Statement (EAS). Learning support should be claimed by a provider to meet the costs of putting in place a reasonable adjustment as part of the Equality Act 2010.
Why partner with a specialist provider?
By partnering with a specialist provider, like Amano, you can be confident in receiving a complete end-to-end support service that not only benefits your apprentice learners’ needs, but also assists you in ensuring the correct evidence is in place to meet requirements for funding submissions and OFSTED.
Download Amano Apprentice Guide
Tel. 01822 600060
Setting up support is a straightforward and easy process. Simply get in touch with our team and we can discuss your needs in more detail.
- Apprenticeship Funding Rules: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apprenticeship-funding-rules
- Exploring funding For apprentices with additional needs: