Access. Aspire. Achieve.
“I have a fantastic tutor who is making me gain more confidence every day.”
“My tutor has supported me in the good times and the bad and is very helpful. Without talking to him, I’m not sure my work would be on track.”
From the very start where we carefully match you to a consultant, through the ongoing process of support – you can be confident that you will receive genuinely beneficial support for both your current and future study needs.
“I couldn’t do without my mentor, she really is amazing! My results have gone up two/ three grades!”
Our consultants are professionally qualified, trained and experienced in helping you fulfil your academic potential.
All our consultants are screened for their suitability to work in learning support. Many of our consultants have attended University themselves and so are aware of the challenges first hand.
“My mentor is an absolute legend. He has done everything in his power to enable me to work to my best potential, which I believe was a highly contributing fact I received a 1st in my degree.”
Our student support is made for you. Need study support at home? Not a problem, many of our consultants deliver support at student residences.
Need support at the weekend, evenings or in the holidays? Our consultants work ‘out-of-hours’ to provide support where and when you need it most.
“My mentor is very committed and will spend time making resources for me out of sessions. She will go above and beyond what is needed by helping me with unusual exercises and note taking.”
Let our experienced in-house team arrange your support for you with the minimum of fuss. We’ll match you with a consultant who’s right for you – and if things don’t work out you can always change.
Based locally, our NMH Support Manager is easily available to discuss any aspect of your support and regularly visits campuses across the region to meet with students.
“I would like to thank Amano for the wonderful job you all do. I wouldn’t be at College without you”.
Arrange my support
It’s easy to arrange your support
- Send us a copy of your DSA2 entitlement letter.
- Your entitlement letter will have been sent to you by your funding body (e.g. Student Finance England, NHS, or Open University).
- We need to see the whole document. You can scan and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t have a scanner – take a photo of the pages and send us the images. Or you can always just photocopy it and post it to us.
- If you need any help please call on 01822 600060
- Once we have received your entitlement letter we’ll be in touch within one working day to take some additional information.
- We’ll discuss with you the type of support you have been recommended and introduce you to your Amano Student Support Consultant.
- We aim to complete the setting up of your support within 3 working days.
Change to Amano Support
You can choose your Learning Support provider. If you would like to move your support to Amano, it’s easy – all you need to do is contact your funding body to make a request.
Contact your funding body directly
Contact your funding body and ask them to have your NMH Learning Support provided by Amano.
If you are unsure of who your funding body is, or how to contact them – give us a call on 01822 600 060 and we can help.
Contact the Disability Services at your Uni or College
You can ask the Disability Services to help you find out who your funding body is and how you can contact them.
You can download and print our leaflet with our details on to take to them.
Click here to download leaflet.